Project 500 is a DC based training program to help historically marginalized businesses scale in terms of revenue, staff and investment retained. Our goal is to recruit and retain up to 500 businesses to receive hands on training, capacity building, mentoring and networking to advance the economic success of their businesses and their communities.
The program is free of charge and open to any DC based business, with preference for entrepreneurs located in wards 7 and 8.
Our goals are to:
• Provide entrepreneurs with training and support, with a laser focus on business and financial capacity
• Work with local city officials and agency leaders to eradicate policy barriers that exacerbate the gap between start up and growth stages; a place where many businesses cease to exist
• Convene local bankers and investors to develop new capital products to meet the needs of our participants
• Finance for for-profit entities (understanding your numbers, financial projections)
• Finance for nonprofit entities (understanding your numbers, financial projections)Accounting Preparing to scale session Strategic planning for your business
• Developing a business plan
• Talent management including hiring, evaluation, etc.
• Board development including recruitment, training
• Running a social enterprise including fundraising and metrics
• How to pitch investors
• Obtaining Certifications such as MBWE
• Generating Sales and business development
• Marketing including developing a plan, use of social media, etc.
• Mindfulness and balance
• Tax prep and management
• Project management
• Forming Strategic Partnerships
• Risk identification and management
• Leadership Skills
• Business and employment Law Basics
• Understanding Credit Products